Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of those who are in need.
Visions for Prisons needs your help for the following project:
Peace in Prison 2000
Enlisting prisoners and prisons to cooperate in ONE DAY OF PEACE in every prison
throughout the world. No fights, no stabbings, no murders, no incidents of any kind,
one dayJanuary 1st, 2000. Goals and Results:
1. To raise the awareness of every thinking being that prisoners are more than
their crimes and that they deserve our attention and therefore our resources, which
will lead them towards healing their attitudes about themselves, their spirits, their
communities, their planet and their relationships with God.
2. To lead prisoners on a quest for a better life by creating a day, and a future
habit, of reflection on peace. And, by asking them to participate from their cells,
in a world- changing event, feel reconnected to their 'outside' community.
3. To open the doors in the minds of prison administrators, correctional personnel
and others that PEACE IS POSSIBLE. "If we can do it in here-you can do it out
4. To place media attention on this positive story.
5. To raise the energy of prisons from "hell" to "HOLY GROUND".
6. To heal the separation.
7. To create a 'critical mass' experiment towards experiencing a peaceful planet.
HOW CAN YOU HELP
1. SEND MONEY. We are mailing our booklet "HOW TO PRACTICE PEACE" to
prisoners and prisons around the world. (F.Y.I.: We have no paid staff.)
2. BE CREATIVE. Become a prison volunteer, teach a reading, meditation, stress
reduction, etc., class in your local prison. Call us for help and support.
3. INCREASE AWARENESS. Speak out in your local media/groups about prisons and
the lack of rehabilitation programs.
Visions for Prisons is a non-profit 501(3)c organization, your donations are tax
deductible. We can be reached by mail @ POB 1631, Costa Mesa, Ca. 92628; by phone
@ 714-556-8000; by fax @ 714-546-FROG (3764);
Web Site: VISIONS FOR PRISONS
"Come, Come, Whoever you are. Wanderer, Worshipper, Lover of leaving,
it doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, Come, Even if you have
broken your vow 1000 times.Come, yet again, Come, Come."